Sunday, October 12, 2008

Severe Car Accident...

I'm still recovering and in lots of pain so this is what I posted on my MySpace, more details later...

As most of you know we were in a severe car accident last monday. Just wanted to explain it more for all of u who had questions!

We were driving up a 2 lane road that curves and goes slightly uphill. A lady came flying around the corner (it's a 25 zone) on wet pavement and lost control. Me and Chris both saw the accident coming, and he tried to pull over to avoid her but she still hit us head on. It was terrifying!

I'll never forget Chris jumping out of the car screaming about how the lady better hope she didn't kill his baby...it broke my heart, but I kept trying to reassure him my baby wasn't hit. I had a broken leg I knew for sure and I was bleeding from my head. Dini jumped out from the backseat, screaming and crying. My poor baby was so traumitized all she could say was "My mommy's baby, my mommy's baby" over and over.

At the scene I don't remember much. I realized I was bleeding more than a lil and screamed for help. A lady who saw the accident jumped in the backseat, wrapped something around my head and held it until the paramedics came. Everyone was worried about neck injury so I didn't move, just sat there crying, in shock, worried my baby was ok even though it wasn't my belly that hurt.

I was taken into the hospital in the ambulance and worked on in the Trauma ER for 3 hours. I had a severed artery in my head they couldn't control and it had to be worked on for awhile. The blood loss was almost to the point I needed transfusions. Chris and Genny stayed with my the whole time.

The only good thing in trauma was they gave me an ultrasound right away and I will never forget the nurse saying "Look at his lil turtle, it's a boy!" From that point on I knew I had to be strong for my baby miracle, and for Chris who was very traumitized seeing everything I was going thru. I'm not going to lie, it was horrific pain and the scariest thing I've ever been thru but I kept saying if my baby was ok, then I would get thru it.

First night in the hospital I stayed in Labor & Delivery just to make sure the baby was fine (which he is!!!). The nurse tried working on washing my hair for 2 hours to get the blood out, and even with all that my hair is still caked with blood. Gotta get to the beauty shop tomorrow! I was then moved to the ortho floor and 2 days later had surgery on my ankle.

My ankle was shattered in a ton of places, the doctor had to open me up on both sides, put a huge plate in and multiple pins. Very, very painful. After surgery I was doing ok for about an hour, but I got fluid on my lungs and couldn't breathe. That was scary too, Chris had just left and I felt light headed and they put oxygen on me and the next thing I know the other lady in the room had been wheeled out and there were about 15 doctors and nurses all around me.

I got moved to the floor for breathing treatments and had to wear a horrible breathing machine mask all night. It was miserable, I never want to go thru that again!

I'm now home after 5 days in the hospital. I'm still in horrible pain, and it's been depressing dealing with not being able to just get up and do things. I can't use crutches cuz I'm pregnant and the doctor wouldn't approve them. So I have a walker I hop around on, and a wheelchair when the pain is too bad.

As I type Chris is out buying us a car. My family helped us to get just enough money to get something that runs and can last until we get a settlement. So pray for us that happens soon and we can get back on our feet soon. On top of all of this, Chris had his hours cut at work and now is job hunting. Things need to get better!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh my God!! I'm so glad to hear that the baby is ok! That's absolutely horrible what happened but thank God you are all alive today. I'll be praying for you!

ellieshine said...

I linked to you from Angie Smith's blog. I just want you to know that I am praying for you. truly.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Alyssa. You must be so stressed with the car accident and the financial stresses not to mention the fear you must be experiencing to be at this stage of your pregnancy . . . well what you are going through is so so so difficult. Please don't let yourself think it is not. God is holding you in the palm of his hand and you are so very precious to him.

Misty Rice said...

Praying for you. Read you off of Angies blog.

Anonymous said...

TERRIFYING! I am so glad that you are all alright! We had an accident in 1999 (2 days in the hospital) and I remember the pain too well. I'm so glad that you and your son are well, as are your daughter and hubby. That is so scary!

Jessica said...

i found you through angie's blog. I am praying for you on this day of remembrance.

JustMelisAll said...

I have been MIA for a while with moving. I am so glad to hear that you and the baby are ok. Hang in there... just think how much sweeter it will all be when you get to hold that baby boy in your arms