Thursday, September 11, 2008

Prayer Needed!

I am asking everyone to PLEASE PLEASE pray for my baby. I went in for my 18 week ultrasound yesterday, and even though everything looked normal I am terrified. Let me explain.

I am Diabetic. I have high blood pressure. I have had 1 miscarriage. I lost my daughter at 22 weeks into my last pregnancy. We still really have no reason why Alyssa was born so early other than I did have an infection in my placenta, but the doctors can't determine if I got that before or after my water broke with her.

Because of all these risk factors, and also because I wasn't on any medication for my diabetes after I had Alyssa (my insurance was cut off after I had her, yes I have Medicaid) I am at more risk for having a baby premature.

The doctors also told us because of my diabetes I have a 25% chance of this baby having some kind of birth defects. I am terrified! I am so scared, so sad, so lonely thinking about how my baby could be affected in any way. I am keeping good control of my diabetes, taking insulin, and checking my sugars regularly.

Will this baby have something wrong? I don't know. Does the ultrasound look good so far? YES!!! Thank God!

I am given so many sad and heart breaking chances of this baby having either a birth defect, or even the possibility of still birth. Does this mean that this will happen? NO! This means my baby needs all the prayer his/her little body needs to be born healthy!

There is so much more I want to get off my chest and blog about, but my heart is heavy and I'm scared.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

You know I'm praying for you sweetie! Have faith and everything will be just fine! I'm here if you ever need someone to vent to. =)

karen44 said...

I saw your prayer request on Angie's blog -- and I had to stop by.

Remember Jeremiah 29:11:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Regardless of how God chooses to answer, know that you can trust Him. He IS faithful. "His compassions never fail,...and his faithfulness is new every morning." (Lam3:22-23)

Don't be afraid. Just trust that He is with you always.
-karen l.

JustMelisAll said...

I just ran across your blog for the first time and although i am truly sorry for your loss and struggles, am comforted that I am not alone in all of this. I lost my son last October at 22 weeks. I am pregnant again with a baby boy that is due January 30th! I wish you the best of health and luck and would like to keep in touch!